Monday, September 30, 2013

WHAT?? You don't need a ride to school anymore??

WOW!! Where did this month go already, 3 children back to school (at 2 different schools).  Driving and driving about 10 times daily.  Today my son comes home with a bus pass and tells me that he can now catch the bus daily and that I don't have to drive him anymore!!
After raising 10 children and 1 nephew and 1 friend of my daughters, I can't believe that it is our youngest (13) that came home today and told me this!
My oldest son (22) still required a ride to post-sec on a daily basis and not to mention to work, our daughter (20) is the only one who went out and bought herself a vehicle and drove herself to work and school.
I always walked the kids to school and walked to school to wait for them afterwards, I always made sure that they made it there and back safely, and now with this new BUS PASS I don't know how to handle it.
So starting tomorrow morning I will send his older sister and brother (14,18) to catch the bus with him, that will be my way of knowing he has made it safely.  I am lucky enough that the elementary school and high school are 2 blocks from each other and they can catch the same bus.
Letting go is tough especially when it's our youngest child that is trying to grow up and out of the nest, that's a hard thing to grasp.
On the positive note he is our youngest and in a way our job is almost done, don't get me wrong a parents job is never done, but in stages I believe that it is. In this case it is the constant driving back and forth to school and back.  So until we have grandchildren, gone are the days of walking our children to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment