Thursday, February 6, 2014

3 Month Update

Well I have been back to work now for 3 months after a 12 month break! Holay Molay do I miss being a stay at home mom. I am on the go from 6:00 am until somedays 8:00 pm.
I work full time as a family support worker. I facilitate parenting groups as well as life skills groups to woman and men. It is a very rewarding job.I  am able to use my own life experience as well as education and work experience. 
So far I have missed the following : Basketball games, Hockey practice, Dance recitals, Parent Teacher Interviews, and thats just to name a few. Today however, I made it to the dentist appointment to hold my sons hand. 
Do I feel guilt? You bet I do. I remember being a single mom of 6 and having to constantly find a sitter and miss everything just to put food on the table.  After getting remarried I still had to find sitters and help put food on the table.
I now only have 3 children left at home the responsibilities are still the same but our grocery bill has gone down. 
Still no grandchildren to add to the family so my husband and I are talking about having a child of our own. 40 is not to old!

No comments:

Post a Comment