Thursday, August 8, 2013

Money Doesn't Grow on Trees or Does It?

Having raised 8 children on my student allowance and both my spouse and I having full-time jobs has not been an easy task. I am seriously thinking that our children think we went to the back yard and pulled it out of the trees.
As I mentioned on my twitter it is not easy having children (18 and over) who are trying to make it on their own. If anything it is way more expensive than food and diapers. 
I honestly think they are wondering when the money tree is going to start growing in their backyards.
OK, 2 are in post secondary, trying to pay both their tuition fees and help them with their rent and buy groceries and gas for the other vehicle is like paying to maintain 2 households at once :(
I understand that post-sec is an investment, at least thats how I look at it, and I dont know if I will get a return on that investment anytime soon.
Finish school and get jobs and live on your own and live up life, I once told them, well they finished school and not only are they starving students we are starving parents.
Don't get me wrong I am super proud of all my children, very proud, I know it hasn't always been a smooth ride. The cards were stacked against them but they made it.
My husband is at work for the evening and I am back to my blog for the remainder of the summer :) just thought I would throw that in there.
Who else out there has money management stress while supporting their post sec student/children? or am I the only one who did not forsee this financial struggling future for myself???





No comments:

Post a Comment