Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

WOW!!! My oldest is 22 years old, and was the first one to send me a wonderful Mothers Day text message today, even though it was short it was truly sweet. I really made me feel needed and appreciated.  I say this because over the past few days I really did not feel like I was or did anything much in my childrens lives except give birth to them.
When I was 17 I delivered a 8lb baby boy, we grew together and matured together.  It was a couple years of first everything.  First steps, colds, flu's, cooking meals for more than just myself, changing diapers, loss of sleep, more than enough sleep and if your a Mother you know where I am going with this.  The first child is the one one where you learn everything that you will continue to add to and change a little with each and every child that comes next.
It has been 2 weeks since I spoke to my 2 oldest daughters.  Yes I am still hanging on to the tough love thing.  I am barely hanging on but hanging on none the less.  It has been difficult.  I had a good cry today about anything and everything.
I had a tremendous amount of support from my own mother and relatives.  My mom had a full time teaching job and still had the time to help me and my son.  I was clueless to everything  "parent" the first year.  How on earth did I manage to take care of myself.  Well 22 years later and we made it.  My son has been there for me in the toughest times and I hope I have returned the favour.
My other children I have had to  modified and update all my parenting techniques over the years to try and fit their needs.  With my 2 youngest sons I have even had to be more electronically smarter.  I know nothing about games and TV's and different kinds of cords or anything gamer.
Well thats it for today I am getting ready for the new season of Long Island Medium.  That show alwasy makes me teary.

No comments:

Post a Comment