Monday, May 27, 2013

No Complaints Here

I had started to write a long blog that contained alot of complaints about my sister in laws, then I backspaced  the whole thing and started again, that was on Wednesday and now it is late Sunday night.  Oh nothing has changed I still feel the same way, I just decided no one wants to hear my complaints about HER.
So here I am looking for a new topic for this Sunday evening.  I am now at a loss for topics as I was so hell bent on it being about complaints.  I decided JUST NOW that I will focus on the fun and good times we had.
I first met one of my sister in laws 10 years ago, we did not hit it off well at first, she told me to stop flirting with her husband (my brother in law) I was doing no such thing.  From there our relationship stayed pretty much the same.  I would only see her for family functions and we would have small talk and go our different ways.  Well her and my brother in law also went their seperate ways on more than one occasion. I havent seen or heard from her for more than a couple of years now.  I wish her well and I hope that someday we'll be best of friends.
My other sister in law I met about 9 years ago, we rarely seen each other as we lived in different cities.  When we would go to visit we would chat about the kids and work and school and sports and relationships. I moved to the same city to finish school and we became closer (so I thought), my daughters would baby sit for them and we would do things together.  We had a great friendship (so I thought).  As the years went on we became closer and I supported her through the toughest times.  I lost my Dad a few years ago and she was no where to be found, or was busy living her life.  She lost a parent and I raced to her side.  When she celebrated her birthdays I drove the hour and a half to be with her, when I celebrated my big 40 she was no where to be found nor did I get a call.  That is when the friendship went downhill real fast.  I now avoid anything that might cause me to be in the same room with her.  I wish her well in her journey and hope everything works out well for her and my brother in law, as they have an on again off again marriage.
See no complaints here, I know everyone has in laws that they don't always get along with, and they are my husbands family.  I love my husband dearly and so I love my in laws too.  Just because we don't always get along does not mean I don't care for them anymore it just means we are different people and we get along better when we don't see or talk to each other.
I also have 2 other sister in laws that I didn't mention as we never had much of a relationship at all and I don't think I would even recognize them if I saw them any where and nor would they recognize me either.
Anywhooooo enough of that, I had a great couple of weeks since I last blogged, I have a few more followers on my twitter whixh is @thisisreally40 and I love reading and following them as well.
We are currently in the process of planning my cousins wedding and our summer vacations, I say vacationS because we have 2 planned.  I will soon blog my family vacation tips for large families. What worked and didnt work for me :)
Have a great evening and happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment