Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mom!!! The lights green!!!

Driving home, after driving nearly 2 hours straight this afternoon, I stopped at a red light. I clearly saw that the light had turned to green. My children started telling me from the back seat "Mom its GREEN". In my head I said "I know!!!!" I clenched the steering wheel and said "I am turning and I have to wait for the cars to go by so I can turn". All I heard from the back seat was "OH".
When my oldest son, now 22, was only 5 he came home from school almost preaching about all the germs in the house. 1 thing particular was about how to thaw meat. He said " Mom thaw the meat in the fridge" in my mind I thought "well we haven't poisoned yet" but my response was "I Know", so I thawed te meat in the fridge (sometimes).
When our oldest daughter was 17, now 21, she came home after curfew, she was a bit tipsy, she tried to sneak into bed, well if your a parent with any age kids we have the ears of an elephant. I can hear the slightest conversation from way across the house. In the morning we talked and she said " I got home early and went to bed". I said " No you didn't, I was awake and I heard you get home...I KNOW these things".
When my daughters car broke down. she's now 19, we insisted she needed a new battery. She insisted she didn't, she said " I just need gas", Well she got a new battery and the car started right away. We gave her the "We Knew!!!" look.
Over the past 20 years I've had so many " I KNOW" moments, some surprised even me. I've also had so many " Hmmmm I did not know that" moments. I say 20 yrs because i'll admit the first couple of years of motherhood were full of "I dont know anything" moments.
I was 17 when I had my first child, I lived with my parents until I turned 18 and moved out on my own. I was 19 when I had my oldest daughter, after that I lost count of my age, and the only thing that mattered was my children and their ages thoe things I KNOW!!! ask me how much they weighed at birth or the time of birth and my answer will be I DONT KNOW, but I do know their exact where abouts, their friends, PIN # to all their bank accounts, health card numbers, birthdates, teachers names, cell phone numbers, FB passwords and so on and tell me you say one of my kids posting something inappropriate on their FB wall and i'll respond "I KNOW" its been dealt with already :)
With that Gnite :)


No comments:

Post a Comment