Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Snow and more snow and laundry

Everyone is finally asleep. I managed to persuade my husband to cook supper while I did the laundry that wasn't done on Sunday.
Earlier I had mentioned I would make time in the evenings to blog. Well here it goes. Tonite will I will reveal a bit more of our family history as well as a couple stories to help get you more familiar.
My husband and I first met 10 years ago. I was a single mother with 6 children and he was a single father of 2. The Toronto Maple Leafs were playing and I wasnt to keen on leaving my TV and he was surprised to be having company on a Hockey Night In Canada evening. We visited for a bit then realized we had nothing in common and I left thinking how rude he was, yet attracively rude. It was a blind date.
Well to make a long story short he called and we talked all night, like 2 old friends who hadn't seen each other in years. We found out we had so much in common.
When our kids first met each other it was not love at first sight. They got along alright as long as neither interfered wth the others life they had come accustomed to.
3 months after meeting we all moved in together. Easier said than done. Now neither of us could go home and take the kids with us. This is when reality set in. We are a blended family and not everyone gets along at all times. Please Comment if you can relate.
Well that was 10 years ago. Our oldest was 12 and our youngest was 2. Now we cant imagine not having met each other nor can we imagine not having gone through the struggles or tough times. We have seen 2 of our children graduate from highschool. We have had our share of pets. We have had our share of teens struggling with addictions and experimenting with drugs and alcohol. I'm not going to lie. It happens. We've had our share of children quiting school and going back to school. Children getting drivers license. Daughters going through heartbreak and ditto for our sons. We've also had our share of struggles with the "other" parents. We've also had our share or the biggest smiles on report card day, passing the road test, learning to ride a bike, jam packed bed because the kids and I are terrified of storms, potty training, starting school, and many many more happy times that you'll read about in the days to come. And family trips and more family trips, Alberta, BC, Vegas and all the stops along the way.
Until tomorrow, Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment