Monday, April 29, 2013

Preparing for Monday morning

Supper (check), Dishes (check), Showers (check), School lunch?? Laundry?? Well 3 outta 5 aint bad...considering we now only have to do it all for 5 children instead of the usual 8. Its been an adjustment but were slowly downsizing. We used to have to prepare for 8 children plus their friends and a nephew. On any given sunday we could be preparing 12 lunches.
How old are our children you may wonder and how did we manage? Well from oldest to youngest 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 13, & 12. We managed with love, with support, encouragement and a strict "education is the key" policy. If at anytime a piece of our family puzzle was missing or out of place we rallied together to show our support.
We are a blended family, there is no way I could have given birth to so many children. When my husband and I first met all our children were 10 yrs younger than they are now. When I think back I dont know how we managed.
Monday morning comes in the blink of an eye.
Stay tuned for Monday mornings post. I'll let you know if everyone made it to their destinations on time.
Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment